A letting agent is a person who assists in deals among landlords and tenants and is being highly demanded as real estate activities are on the rise. Letting agents precisely deal in residential matters only.
Stapleford is a small town short of Nottinghamshire with a population of roughly 15000 people. However, as the area is slowly getting the limelight the need for rented housing is going up, increasing the demand of letting agents. If you’re a first timer in the locality and have hurdles choosing the correct letting agents, below are some tips you might be looking for.
- If you are faced by a choice on letting agents in Stapleford and areas beyond, it is better to shortlist the agents which are the closest to the area you want to rent a house in. First try the agent is in the boundaries of Stapleford and then boil down the list making it smaller and limited to your area precisely. This is because the agent will have a better know how of the rates, policies and availability of houses in the region and will spend less time into research
- If you’re a landlord and want to take the hassle of your head, make sure to find a tenant who takes up the responsibility of most of the paperwork. Renting property in Stapleford has a long paperwork process like references, employments checks and bank history of the tenants and then the contract papers once the deal is done. The person who takes up all this work and is reliable should be your first priority when choosing a letting agent in Stapleford
- Make sure the agent you choose had a name in Stapleford which can only be a result of his efficient marketing skills. If you are looking for a tenant, not having one will look cost you all the rent you would be having had the house been on rent. Try to look for a letting agent who actively spreads the availability of your property and uses all mediums like newspapers and social media to find a suitable tenant
- Since all the work done by a letting agent involves money, it is very important that the agent is trustworthy. There are various monetary transactions like rent money, maintenance money and transaction money which should be held separately in a client account rather than the agents personal account. Also, if the agent assures the reimbursement of the money in case of the fraud, you have a reason to hire him/her
- While the main process is done, choose a letting agent based on the ‘extras’ it has to offer. There are various letting agents in Stapleford who carry out regular inspection tours even after the deal is done. This is to make sure that the tenant is keeping the place in the right conditions. If not, letting agents will often have a panel of people who would be on call to do repairs around the house
Though you might think that renting a property is not big deal and can be done on your own, it is always better to involve professional help to have the process done with ease and convenience.