Considering Plantation Shutters or Awnings for Your Property? Make Sure You Partner with a Reputable Installation Firm
Although many people associate plantation shutters with the American South, it’s worth mentioning that these window coverings have been around since the 1500s; their introduction to the Americas didn’t emerge until the 18th and 19th centuries.
The modern iterations of plantation shutters have come a long way from the antiquated, bulky variants of years past, and they are able to provide a host of advantages for today’s homeowners:
- For hundreds of years, plantation shutters were manufactured with weighty wooden components and timber-based slats, but today’s models tend to feature durable, lightweight materials, such as basswood or aluminium.
- When properly installed, they adhere to window frames very nicely and feature a flush, uniform fit.
- Modernised shutters provide on-demand privacy and light filtration.
- They can be installed on the interior or exterior of a home and they can be custom-cut to fit any type of window or opening.
- Due to their impermeable materials and robust construct, plantation shutters require low levels of maintenance and upkeep; occasional dusting and wiping is more than enough to suffice.
- Plantation shutters reduce heat transfer by up to 60% during the sweltering summer months, which naturally decreases the strain on your AC unit and slashes expensive utility bills.
- When closed and retracted, shutters also provide adequate insulation during the winter months, which mitigates heat loss and keeps your home’s interior nice and warm.
After taking a look at these facts and figures, it should come as no surprise to find out that contemporary shutters are quickly becoming the most sought-after home improvement option across Australia, especially when considering the cost-effective outlay of contracting an installation in today’s day and age.
However, if you happen to be weighing the pros and cons of purchasing a set of plantation shutters in Melbourne, it’s important to ensure that you’re partnering with a distinguished, trusted firm to facilitate the implementation, particularly if quality and affordability are your primary sticking points.
Fortunately, it’s fairly easy to hire a reputable company, just as long as you focus on the right aspects during your research:
Regardless of the size, shape, or depth of your windows, your installation partner should be able to facilitate a customised design process to ensure a level, balanced fit. From the sketches and measurements to the actual engineering and fabrication phase, you should have full control over the aesthetics of your shutters.
Apart from ensuring that your installation team can provide customisable manufacturing options, you should also look for a few notable money-saving inclusions as well:
- Free, non-obligatory in-home measurements, appraisals, and consultations
- Complimentary installation (the materials and components should be the only expenditures)
- No upfront deposit required
- In-house interest-free financing available
Wide Selection of Alternative Products
As any forward-looking homeowner will tell you, a shutter installation has a way of extending to other areas of the home, so you’ll want to ensure that your installation firm of choice can positively impact other areas of your home as well:
- Roller shutters and screens
- Desert drop arm awnings and standardised folding arm awnings
- Security coverings
- ZEN patio systems
- EOS veranda systems
- Remote control operation for all implements