A property sold by a real estate agent.
This is probably everyone’s question once they realize that being a property agent is one lucrative job.
If you’re interested in becoming one and want to enjoy the benefits of earning real estate agent salary, then you should be warned that it’s not a walk in the park. There is no shortcut to being an in-demand agent. It takes blood, sweat, and tears to be a top realtor.
Is it really hard?
Is it impossible to attain?
No, it’s not.
Work doubly hard and learn as much as you can, and you will earn as much real estate agent income as possible.
Being a licensed real estate agent
A person studying to become a licensed real estate agent.
How to obtain a real estate license?
Each country has different regulations and requirements to be a licensed real estate agent. In some countries or cities, it may be easy to obtain a license, while in other places, it may be a bit difficult to do so. This is why it’s important to prepare for the requirements before you enroll in any related course.
Requirements for obtaining a license:
- You must be at least 18 years old by the time you apply for a license.
- You must be a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the country you are currently residing.
- You must present your high school diploma or GED.
- You must not have any criminal records.
- You must not have a previous application for a real estate license that was revoked or rejected within the last two years.
- You must successfully complete at least 40 hours of pre-license classes. This could be shorter or higher in other countries or cities.
- You must pass the real estate exams.
- You must also complete at least 30 hours of real estate agent training within the first few months of obtaining your license. This could be higher or shorter in other countries or cities.
- You must submit yourself to a background check.
If you live in Texas, you will need to render 210 hours of real estate classes to become a real estate agent. In Colorado, it takes 163 credit hours before you are eligible to take the real estate licensure exams.
But in other states, it takes much less time to be a licensed real estate professional.
Earning real estate salary is a long, tedious process. But for many top agents around the world, it’s the best career move and decision they’ve ever made.
After obtaining your license
Once you passed the real estate exams, you will need to “hang” your license in a broker’s office for at least two years. This means that you’ll be working with a licensed broker who will oversee your work.
While working with a broker, you will be trained to call clients, hold open houses, and the like. You will also be mentored to ensure that you’ll be able to perform outstandingly on your own at the end of your time with a brokerage.
If you want to earn more, you might want to know how to become a real estate broker. You will need to take additional classes, which will take at least 180 hours, and earn a broker’s license.
To be a broker, you must also spend 36 months working with a real estate salesperson. It’s also important to note that the real estate professional you will be working with must be a member of the National Association of REALTORS. This is to ensure that the professionalism and industry standards are maintained.
Some more useful information
In whatever endeavor you put your heart and mind into, it’s important that you come prepared. So educate yourself about the ins and outs of real estate by any means possible. Start by browsing through the pages of Zonemaster and be a master of your craft.