It has been around since the 1970s, and double glazing has grown in popularity in the past few decades due to the many benefits for the homeowner, and as with anything else, there have been considerable developments in window composition and design. Modern units are thermally broken to eliminate condensation, and the double glazed unit is hermetically sealed for optimum performance. If your windows have seen better days and you are concerned about home security, here are just a few of the many benefits you can expect to enjoy with modern double glazed replacement windows.
- Save on Heating Bills – There is a great deal of heat loss through a single pane of glass, and when you consider how much of the surface area is glazed, that adds up to a lot of heat that is simply being lost. The bitter cold British winters will no longer affect the warm interior of your home, and with zero condensation, the interior will have an even temperature throughout. If you are looking for affordable windows in Harrow, for example, there is an established supplier who can help you design the perfect units.
- Beef up Home Security – Installing modern double glazed windows and doors ensures that all the property’s access points are well-protected, and these windows and doors are easily recognizable by burglars, who are aware of how secure they are, and would generally avoid any property that has them. One must ensure that all doors and windows are securely locked when going out, as the burglar is always looking for an open window or door, and he can be in and out before you know it.
- Transform the Look of your Home – With such a wide range of styles and finishes, your new windows can really alter the character of the home, and any established supplier would spend a lot of time helping the customer to select the right style. Tudor and Georgian styles can be replicated with aluminium or UPVC, and with a timber grain finish, even a rustic, country style home can be accommodated.
- Sound Insulation – This is one of the best things with double glazing, making it ideal for urban areas where noise pollution can be an issue. If there is a lot of exterior noise, why not consider triple glazing, which offers a higher level of sound insulation.
- Even Room Temperature – If you notice the uneven temperature in your home, this is due to the areas near the windows being a lot colder due to the heat loss through the glass, and this is usually compounded by draughts, however, double glazing gives an even temperature throughout the home.
Replacing the windows and doors in your home is a major improvement, and great care should be taken when selecting a supplier. It is best to deal with a local company, and one that has been established for a few years and has a good reputation.